Garage door window inserts are very essential on any garage door. They not only decorate and add a stylish look to the garage door but also allow light to enter the garage thus cutting down the cost of lighting the garage.
Garage window inserts come in a wide range of options and styles. Majority of them share desirable features such as 10 years warranty against fogging and discolouration, worry-free PVC frame, and availability in a wide range of colours. They come in a wide range of materials including glass, plastic and woods to ensure consumer satisfaction.
Window insert options for garage doors
Glass options are considered the best garage door window inserts on the market today. They include: tempered glass, solar bronze, decorative acrylic lites, insulated glass and clear lexane options. This window inserts allow natural light to the enter the garage and also make a house look appealing.
Examples of the commonly used glass inserts are Ashton, Monticello and Augusta.
These are the most commonly used window inserts and as the name suggests they are used to decorate the garage door thus giving the home an elegant look. Decorative trim can either be standard, long panel or carriage panel. They are made of glass, wood or plastic.
Garage door plastic window inserts are considered to most beautiful inserts in this group other decorative window inserts are also made of glass and wood. Examples decorative window inserts are: stockom, werton and madison.
Decorative acrylic lites:
These inserts have leaded-glass and glimmering prisms thus when used they give a garage door both classical and dazzling appearance. They have 4 patterns which exist in platinum, antique brass or just brass. Examples of this inserts are horizon, Iris and Saturn.
Factors to considered when choosing a garage door window inserts
- Function of the window insert: Before purchasing a garage door window insert it is important to determine the purpose of the insert. In terms of function window inserts can be functional i.e. allow light to enter the garage thus enhancing visibility;decorative in the sense that they make the garage door look beautiful or both decorative and functional. A functional window insert is ideal for people who like using the garage as a working space or play room.
- Consider the shape of the home: Different window insert give varying impressions to different house shapes. It is advisable to buy a box-shape window insert for a multi-story building and elongated doo window inserts for a ranch house.
- Window insert price: Window inserts vary in price from one option to another. Generally the glass options cost from 80-200 dollars, decorative acrylic lites cost from 150-300 dollars and decorative trim cost 500 dollars. It good to determine the prices of all window inserts that are best suited for your garage door and then buy the best that you can afford.
- Shape of the inserts: Garage window inserts come in various shapes depending on the company. Generally window inserts are available in three major shapes namely half circles, square and rectangles.
- Locality: One should also consider the location of the home with regard to climate. A person living in a cool climate and could still want to allow light to enter the garage can use insulated glass window inserts but people who are living in warm climates and only want light can buy clear glass window inserts for their garage doors.
- Look and style of window inserts: Window inserts come in various styles. Some inserts are open frames but some others have decorative trim that create beautiful patterns and hide various things stored in the garage. One can vary the frames from one window insert to another in order to create an intricate look.
- Consider the various glass options for the garage door: There are many glass inserts from which one can select from. The clear glass inserts allow one to see through into the garage. Frosted and stained glass inserts add some privacy to the garage. Tempered glass are strong and durable therefore secure the garage. Insulated glass insert regulate the garage temperature.
Window Inserts Maintenance
Window inserts do not require much maintenance at all apart for the general cleaning with water and towel/ microfiber cloth to remove dirt and dust. When well taken care of window inserts can last for a long time. Of course, you need to replace the old ones.
Garage door window inserts are an important part of any modern garage door. Besides the purpose for which they are bought they enhance the appearance of the whole house.